How Do I Make a Blank or Printable Map in PowerPoint?
This video shows you how to easily convert one of our downloadable, editable BJDesign.com PowerPoint clip art maps into a blank, printable map.
It is easy to make a blank, printable, outline USA or World map for marking up, coloring, school project, whatever you need from our royalty free downloadable PowerPoint clip art maps. Watch the video to learn how to take a basic World of Maps map, select it and change the colors to have a map with sharp, clean vector lines for your project.
1. Open whichever map you need for your printable or blank map project, for our example we are using a USA map.
2. Select the map with your pointer by clicking in the upper left corner of the slide and dragging the pointer over the entire map so that it is completely surrounded by the light blue field. Once you release you finger all the land will be selected. You can also do this by choosing Select All in the Edit pull down menu.
3. Once everything is selected you can go to the Formatting Palette - Colors, Weights, and Fills and choose the Fill Bucket and fill the map with the color white. I like using the white fill instead of nothing because it is easier to select a state with color in it if you want to customize it later. If you have no fill you have to grab the line to select it, with a color fill you can click anywhere on the state to select it . That is it, you are ready to go, save it and print it, pretty easy.
4. If you group the map you can also resize it, (check out our enlarging and reducing video) and make a custom map.
5. I usually recommend removing the text first but if you don't then just hold down the shift key and select each state or county individually and then fill with color.
This guide works with PowerPoint version 2003 and older. All of the principals will work with version 2007 but the locations of the tools will differ. Most of the tools have been moved up to the top of the screen into the Ribbon.
If you have any questions about using our products please call or e-mail us.
Read our book, How to Customize PowerPoint Clip Art Maps [PDF]